Skip To Navigation Exiting Navigation - Child Support
Civil Court Services

Child Support

When a court order requires that child support, arrearage, or alimony payments be made through the Florida State Disbursement Unit (FLSDU), the Depository will maintain the records for the case.

For your convenience, the Clerk of Court’s Domestic Relations Department is happy to provide customer service regarding account information in person at our office and over the telephone. However, please understand that the Clerk’s Office is prevented by law from offering legal advice. Those needing legal assistance should consider consulting with an attorney.

Child Support Information

For some historical background, in 1998 the Florida Legislature passed Chapter 98-397 which provided that the Florida Department of Revenue contract with the Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers (FCCC) and each depository to operate a State Disbursement Unit (SDU). With the later passage of F.S. 61.1824, the Florida State Disbursement Unit was created to become a centralized location for the collection and disbursement of child-support payments. This gives the FLSDU the responsibility of collecting and disbursing payments for Duval County.

The Department of Revenue may also assist with the establishment of paternity and/or a child support order. In addition, they may help with the enforcement of child support obligations, even if the non-custodial parent lives outside Florida.

To contact the Department of Revenue directly, please visit

Voice Response Unit

When you’re seeking information, you may find it helpful to use FLSDU Voice Response Unit (VRU). This service can provide basic payment information. The VRU also makes it easy to speak with a customer service representative. The telephone number is (877) 769-0251 (toll free) or (850) 201-0140.

When you call, the system will ask you for your social security number and case number. To use the system, you will need to make sure the Clerk's Office has your correct social security number. The case number must be entered as a nine-digit number.  

By calling the FLSDU number, you can learn the monetary amount and the date of a disbursement. If the social security number of the non-majority parent is used, information about the balance due may also be available.

Procedures for Making Payments to the FLSDU

Unless otherwise specified in your order, all child support and alimony payments for Duval County are to be sent to the Florida State Disbursement Unit. The FLSDU will receive your payment and post it to the appropriate account. To be processed the same day they are received, all payments must have the proper identification. Proper identification means the full name of the person who must make the payment, the social security number of the person making the payment, the county where your case was established, the support case number and the full name of the person who is to receive the payment.  It’s very important to include all this information on the front of your check or money order. Without it, your payment cannot be processed promptly!

Mailing Your Payment

The mailing address for the FLSDU is:

Florida State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 8500
Tallahassee, FL 32314-8500

Please be sure to keep the Clerk's Office informed of your current mailing address because checks are not forwarded. Also, if your case is handled by the Department of Revenue Child Support Services, provide them with your current mailing address. You can do this by calling toll-free (850) 488-5437. You can also update this information online by visiting

You can update your address online at the FLSDU website for both the Clerk's Office and child support services:

If your support is being paid through an income withholding order, your employer will be notified to send the payments to the FLSDU, but please feel free to share the income withholding order with them.


Please keep in mind that the Clerk's Domestic Relations Depository will accept only first-time payments and Purge Payments directly. These payments can be made in Room 1053 in the east lobby of the Duval County Courthouse. The Domestic Relations Depository service windows are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (except legal holidays). Money orders and certified checks must be made payable to the Domestic Relations Depository.

When making your first payment, a signed copy of the court order, if it has not been filed in the case yet, directing payments is required along with the name, date of birth, and social security of all parties involved, including children. The addresses of the majority and non-majority person are also required.

After your first payment, all future payments, unless otherwise instructed, should be mailed to the FLSDU at the following address:

Florida State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 8500
Tallahassee, FL 32314-8500

Other Payment Options

To utilize other online payment options, you must have your depository number. If you are unsure of your depository number, please call our office directly at (904) 255-2121 for assistance.  
For an additional fee, you may also make payments online at, or at any MoneyGram, Western Union or Amscot location.

Manner of Payment

First-time payments may be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check, money order or certified check. Please note that any form of payment other than cash will have a standard hold of two business days to make sure all funds are properly processed. After the first payment, subsequent payments must be paid directly to FLSDU at the address listed above or may be paid using one of the options under "Other Payment Options."

Purge Payments may be made by cash, cashier’s check, money order or certified check, but personal checks are NOT accepted.

Please Note:
 If a writ of attachment has been issued, you MUST pay your purge at the Clerk's Office to receive a special receipt. Anyone can make a purge payment on a case with an outstanding writ of attachment. 


Current fees for Clerk services can be found by visting the Clerk's fee schedule page at the link below.

Fee Schedule Page

get adobe reader.    Adobe Reader Required

Office Information

Domestic Relations Department

Office Hours
Monday through Friday (excluding holidays): 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Mailing Address
Duval County Clerk of Courts Attn: DOMESTIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
501 West Adams Street, Room 1053
Jacksonville, FL 32202

(904) 255-2121

Search Results Close
Exit Search Popup