Skip To Navigation Exiting Navigation - Passports
County Services


All who travel outside the United States need a passport. This includes anyone traveling to Canada, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. The Clerk’s Office offers passport service for both individual applicants and families applying for multiple passports during one visit. Passport service is available during walk-in hours. Pre-scheduled appointments are also available, but are not required. 


Walk-in passport service is available:

  • Duval County Courthouse: 501 W Adams Street, Room 1046
    • Walk-ins accepted between 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
  • Neptune Beach Branch: 1543 Atlantic Blvd, Neptune Beach, FL 32266
    • Walk-ins accepted between 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Pre-scheduled appointments can be made for the following Clerk locations:

Please note: when applying for your passport, two (2) separate fees and different forms of payment are required. Please check the Passport Fees section of this page to review the accepted forms of payment for each.

Passport Info

Required for a New Passport — What To Bring With You
Required for a New Passport — What To Bring With You

To apply for your passport, Form DS-11 must be completed if any of the following is true:

  • You have never had a U.S. passport
  • You are under age 16
  • Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your most recent passport was lost or stolen

Applicants are highly encouraged to complete and print Form DS-11 prior to coming for passport service to expediate the application process. All applications must be completed in BLACK INK ONLY.

The following documentation will need to be provided with your application:

Proof of Citizenship

Certified copy of your birth certificate (must include parent’s full names)
Certificate of naturalization (if applicable)
You must also provide a black and white photocopy of your proof of citizenship. The Clerk’s Office can provide this service for you at a charge of $ .15 per page.

Proof of Identity (one of the following):

  • Valid driver's license 
  • State identification card
  • You must also provide a photocopy of the front and back of your proof of identity. The Clerk’s Office can provide this service for you at a charge of $ .15 per page

Temporary IDs are not accepted as proof of identity.

Passport Photo

  • Recent color photo (background must be plain white or off-white)
  • Front view - eyeglasses must be removed
  • 2 inches X 2 inches
  • Neutral, non-exaggerated facial expression
  • Taken in normal daily attire – nothing that looks like a uniform or camouflage attire

NOTE: The Clerk’s Office now offers passport photo service for a fee of $15 at the Beaches Branch location only. If applying at the Courthouse, you will need to bring your photo with you to your appointment in order to complete your application. The State Department requires customers to remove eyeglasses for their passport photo.

Passport Fees
Passport Fees

Two separate forms of payment are required. Fees payable to the US Department of State MUST be paid by MONEY ORDER or CHECK. Fees payable to the Clerk may be paid by CASH, CREDIT CARD, or MONEY ORDER.

Type of Passport Clerk Fee (cash, cashier's check, money order, credit card) Dept. of State Fee (check, cashier's check, money order)
New Passport Book - Adult (16 or older) $35.00 $130.00
New Passport Book - Adult, expedited $35.00 $190.00
New Passport Book - Child (15 or younger) $35.00 $100.00
New Passport Book - Child, expedited $35.00 $160.00
New Passport Card - Adult $35.00 $30.00
New Passport Card - Child $35.00 $15.00

If you would like to expedite your passport application, there is a $60 fee payable to the Department of State.

For more information regarding expediting your application, please contact the Clerk’s Office.

NOTE: There is a 3.5% service fee on all credit card transactions.

Estimated Time to Receive Passport
Estimated Time to Receive Passport
The Clerk’s Office is unfortunately unable to provide answers on when your new passport may be received. For current estimates, please visit the U.S. State Department's processing time page.
Adult Passport Renewals — Cannot Be Processed by the Clerk
Adult Passport Renewals — Cannot Be Processed by the Clerk

IMPORTANT: The Clerk’s Office does not process passport renewals.

Passport renewals are required to be submitted by mail directly to the Department of State if you meet the following requirements: 

  • You possess a passport that is not more than 5 years past the expiration date, and
  • You were at least 16 years of age when it was issued

If you qualify, complete form DS-82 and return to the address listed on the form.

Passport Applications for Minors
Passport Applications for Minors

All applications for minor passports must be done in person. Regardless of whether the application is for a new passport or a renewal, Form DS-11 must be completed for minors (under age 16) and the following must be provided:

  • Certified copy of the birth certificate
  • Driver's license, if applicable
  • Most recent passport, if applicable
  • Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant
  • The minor must appear in person with BOTH Parents

NOTE: BOTH PARENTS must be present to sign the application. If only one parent is present, the absent parent must submit a notarized Statement of Consent (Form DS-3053) and a photocopy of the front and back of his/her driver's license. The consent form cannot be more than three months old.

Search Results Close
Exit Search Popup